See below work by Alpha Staff members. You can also stay in touch with us by following us on
- August 6th, 2014. “School Design with Design Thinking” In Alpha’s first case study, Entrepreneur-in-Residence Will Eden and Alpha’s School Design Team reflect on their experience using a community-based design thinking to design Alpha’s first high school, Alpha: Cindy Avitia High School.
- July 5th, 2014. “Charters and Common Core ” “What’s now expressed as Common Core is deeply rooted in our teaching practices, embraced by teachers and students alike. We know it simply as what works — what will ultimately prepare our students for success in college, career and life, regardless of where they live.”
- October 18, 2013. “Getting Digital Academic Performance Data Right.” In this Blend My Learning blog post, Alpha’s Entrepreneur in Residence Will Eden reflects on several shortcomings in the way digital content and assessment providers track and report students’ performance data — and proposes some solutions.
- May 14, 2013. “Early Wins and Alpha’s Top Ten List for New Blended Operators.” Alpha’s founding principal and CEO John Glover writes about what the organization’s first school has done and learned in its first year, on the Blend My Learning blog.
- April 4, 2013. “What Can Blended Model Schools Do To Increase College Graduation Rates?” “Why aren’t more students who graduate from high-performing, no-excuses charters also graduating from college?” wonders Alpha founder and CEO John Glover, on the Blend My Learning blog.
- January 30, 2013. “Monday Lunches, Hesitant Optimism, and the Power of Numbers.” Alpha founding teacher Maggie Brenner talks about grappling with online content and data at Alpha: Blanca Alvarado Middle School on the Blend My Learning blog.
- October 9, 2012. “To Experiment, Struggle and Explore.” Alpha founding staff member and learning coach Gabriela Rios describes early lessons learned at Alpha’s first school on the Blend My Learning blog.
- March 27, 2012. “Alpha: The Beginning.” Alpha founder and CEO John Glover reflects on the Alpha Public Schools mission and model on the Blend My Learning blog.